Aug 10, 2010

...And now I'm chewin' on pills cuz she's chewin' on my nerves

TAKE THAT!


AND THAT....!!!


SUPLECS
"Wrestlin' With My Lady Friend"
(2000)


  And then there's NOLA'S Favorite Sons... Suplecs!  My favorite Stoner/Fuzz band of all time!  Some of the heaviest breaks come from this record!  This album along with 2002's follow-up, "Sad Songs... Better Days", ranks right at the top with Fu Manchu's "King of the Road" or "Godzilla's Eatin' Dust".  As you can see by the song titles, there is a ton of hilarious tongue-in-cheek humor going on.  Just give the opening track, 'Stalker', a good listen.  Especially the lyrics!  Fucking Epic Hilarity Ensues!! I love this band and I'm sure you will too.

01. Stalker
02. 155
03. Dope Fu
04. Fish on a Highway
05. Moped
06. 2000 Leagues
07. Road to Nowhere
08. Eastwood
09. Into the Rut
10. Rampage
11. Pissin' in the Wind
 Download "Wrestlin' With My Lady Friend"


Suplecs
"Sad Songs... Better Days"
(2002)

This is the record.  New Orleans stoner rock at it's finest!  Dude...There's a hidden BEATLES (I Want You... She's So Heavy) cover right smack in the middle of the record... and end up pulling that shit off.  Just listen to it already.

Check it HERE









1 comment: